Not confident in your acting skills? See this for ideas.
Living in your Character
· Can't become a character until you can physically be that character
o What do you lead with?
o Over-exaggerate that
· Introverts closed in (head low, shoulders low)
· Extroverts opened up (chin high, chest out)
Levels – Dynamic staging
· High, medium, and low
· High – standing
· Medium – squat
· Low – sitting or very low squat
Acting is NOT pretending – must become that emotion or action
Whenever you create a character, ask these questions:
· Who am I (the character)?
· Where am I?
· When is it? – time of day, year?
· Where have I come from, what's my back story?
· What do I want?
· Why do I want it?
· Why do I want it now?
· What do I hope to accomplish?
· What will happen if I don't get it now?
· How will I get what I want, and what will it take to get it?
· What must I overcome?
When you act, you become
When things happen that are not planned, you have to improvise. You need to be able to read people